RULES AND REGULATIONS OF FILMFARE SHORT FILMS Awards 2022
- These rules and regulations (“Rules and Regulations”) apply to the Participant(s) (as defined below) participating in the Filmfare Short Films Awards 2022 (“Contest”) that is organized by Worldwide Media Private Limited (“WWM”), a private limited company, incorporated under the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956, having its registered office at 2nd Floor, The Times of India Building, Dr. D. N. Road, Mumbai – 400001. By entering and participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Rules and Regulations.
- By submitting entries and short films for the Contest, each Participant agrees to be bound by these Rules and Regulations as posted and updated by WWM from time to time and agrees to create a legally binding agreement to abide by the same.
- The filmmaker desirous of participating in the Contest (“Participant”) should be a citizen of India.
- The age restriction (18 years and above) for participants.
- The Participant shall participate in the Contest by submitting an entry form online on or before 5th April 2022 (“Submission Date”) on https://www.filmfare.com/awards/short-films-2022/entry and thereafter by submitting a printed copy of the entry form generated online (printed form) duly completed with accurate and current information along with the DVD or pen drive containing the short film and a cheque for sum of Rs. 5,000/- in favour of Worldwide Media Private Limited towards the participation fee to Worldwide Media Pvt. Ltd., The Times of India Building, Dr. D. N. Road, Mumbai – 400001, by hand delivery or courier or by registered post, such that the printed form and short film reaches WWM on or before the Submission Date i.e. 5th April 2022. The participation fee mentioned above is inclusive of applicable GST and shall be non-refundable in any circumstance whatsoever (whether the entry is selected or rejected). The entry will be considered only upon realisation of cheque in WWM's bank account.
- Payment of Participation Fees The Participation Fee shall be paid through online banking channels to the credit of Worldwide Media Private Limited’s below mentioned Bank account
FOLLOWING ARE THE BANK DETAILS OF WORLDWIDE MEDIA PVT LTD
Name of the vendor/Supplier/Firm/Contractor etc
WORLDWIDE MEDIA PVT LIMITED
KOTAK MAHINDRA BANK
- Online entries and short films not received by WWM before the Submission Date shall not be eligible for participating in the Contest.
- Participant shall not be (a) an employee of WWM and his/her immediate family members or; or (b) affiliate of WWM.
- All content used in the short film, including story, write-up, script, depiction, music, graphics, photographs, images, screenplay, sound records, lyrics, background scores, dialogues, titles, sub titles and all other literary, dramatic, musical and artistic work or any other copyright material therein, should be original and belonging to the Participant or licensed to Participant under a valid license. WWM expressly disavows any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, any unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted content or materials within or relating to the short film, including any content or materials that are or may become the basis for any third party claims for copyright infringement. WWM reserves the right to disqualify any film with any unauthorized inclusion of copyrighted content or materials. In the event that any claim, dispute, action or proceeding shall be brought or asserted by any person or entity that alleges that the film makes unauthorized or unlawful use of any copyrighted content or material, the Participant shall fully indemnify and defend WWM and each of their representatives and affiliates from any liability in connection therewith and from any fees and expenses, including but not limited to lawyers’ fees, that any of them may incur in connection therewith.
- The Participant has obtained all necessary licenses, permissions, certifications and authorisations, and has complied with all applicable laws necessary for participating in the Contest.
- Each Participant shall be eligible to send one or more entries under each category i.e. fiction and/or non fiction.
- WWM reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the Contest.
C. THE SHORT FILM
- The Participant shall download the opening slide from https://www.filmfare.com/awards/short-films-2022/downloads and insert it at the beginning of the short film before submission of the short film. Short films which do not contain this opening slide shall be rejected.
- The short film should not exceed 20 minutes in duration, excluding titles, credits and opening slide to be inserted. Participants must ensure that the titles and credits displayed do not last for more than 1 minute.
- The file format of the short film shall be in MP4 format only, and the size of the short-film stored in DVD or pen drive shall not exceed 500 MB. Any short film submitted which is in any other format or exceeds the file size of 500 MB shall be rejected.
- In case a Participant submits multiple entries, each entry along with the short film and printed form shall be submitted separately i.e. only one short film on one DVD or pen drive.
- The short film should be released between 1st January 2021 to 31st December 2021
- The short film may be made and submitted in any Indian language (with English subtitles) or can have no dialogues at all.
D. MEDIA ACCEPTED FOR SELECTION
- Participant shall not submit the short film in multiple parts or on more than one DVD or pen drive. The DVD or pen drive submitted should be labelled with the title of the film besides being accompanied by the printed form. Participants are requested to avoid sticking paper on the DVD or pen drive.
- Participant shall be solely responsible for packing, safety and timely delivery of the short film alongwith the payment of Participation Fee at the address specified by WWM.
- The Participant must state the category for which the short film is being submitted i.e. fiction and non-fiction.
- All Short Films along with soundtrack (audio file) need to be submitted which will and can be used by WWM, and its Title sponsor, Bennett Coleman & Company Limited (BCCL) and its associate and subsidiary companies to be played and heard on any platform through any mode, medium and format now known or may be discovered in future.
- Participant expressly agrees and confirms that WWM and its affiliates including the and its title sponsor, BCCL and its associate and subsidiary companies shall have non-exclusive worldwide rights for a period of 2 years to issue, circulate, broadcast, assign, sub-license, reproduce, telecast, transmit and communicate to the public any copies of the Short Films and the content therein to any person, and in any form, format, medium now known or may be discovered in future and the Participant shall have no claims or objections in this regard.
- All submitted DVD’s or pen drive’s shall become the property of WWM and are not returnable.
E. AWARD CATEGORIESBased on the number of Participants and the short films received within the Submission Date, the categories for awards under the Contest may be as follows:
- Best Film – Fiction
- Best Film – Non- Fiction or Documentary
- Best Actor – Male
- Best Actor – Female
- People’s Choice Award
- The winner of each category specified above, will be gratified at a function organized by WWM. The date of function shall be intimated by WWM to the winners.
- The winning Participant shall intimate WWM in advance in case they are unable to attend the function.
- Award shall not be convertible to cash, transferable or assignable. Substitution of award by winner will not be entertained.
- All the entries received by WWM on or before the Submission Date specified by WWM and complying with these Rules and Regulations shall be screened by the editorial team of WWM and 30 (thirty) short films from and amongst all the entries received shall be shortlisted by WWM.
- The 30 (thirty) shortlisted short films shall then be screened by a panel of jury members consisting of renowned personalities from the world of film and art, who shall be appointed by WWM.
- The jury members shall shortlist 10 (ten) short films out of the 30 (thirty) short films shortlisted by WWM.
- Out of the shortlisted 10 (ten) short films, the jury shall declare winners of (i) 1 (one) best film – Fiction; (ii) 1 (one) best film – Non Fiction; (iii) 1 (one) best actor – male; and (iv) 1 (one) best actor – female.
- Besides the above, WWM shall shortlist 5 (five) short films based on public voting, which may or may not include 30 (thirty) short films shortlisted by WWM. The Jury shall select and declare 1 (one) short film as the ‘People’s Choice Award Winner 2020’ from and amongst the 5 (five) short films.
- The selection and number of judges at each stage of the Contest shall be at WWM’s sole discretion. The decision of WWM and the judges at all stages of the Contest shall be final and binding on the Participants. No enquiries, complaints, disputes or appeals shall be entertained in this regard. The Participant shall accept and abide by any and all decisions made by WWM and the panel of judges without limitation, decisions relating to the Contest, selection of winners and the criteria for selection of winners.
- The jury appointed for judging the Contest shall be disclosed on https://www.filmfare.com/awards/short-films-2022/ post the winners are announced.
- For short-listing the short film under ‘People’s Choice Award Winner 2020 category, viewers of the short films will be able to vote for the film of their choice at [https://www.filmfare.com/awards/short-films-2022/].
- The Participant shall not make unauthorized contact with jury or try to influence the decisions of jury or any other act of such kind. WWM reserves the right to disqualify any Participant indulging in such acts.
- WWM shall endeavour to communicate with the Participants, shortlisted Participants and winners of the Contest by email. All announcements, changes or updates shall be posted on the website https://www.filmfare.com/awards/short-films-2022/ and on the social media pages of the Contest – Facebook [https://www.facebook.com/Filmfare/], Twitter [https://twitter.com/filmfare] and Instagram [https://www.instagram.com/filmfare/].
- All deadlines for submission of application forms and short films are strictly enforced and must be adhered to by the Participant.
- Failure by WWM to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Furnishing any false information or concealment of any material facts in the application form will result in immediate disqualification of the Participant and the Participant shall indemnify WWM against any claim that may be brought against it in this regard or any loss that may be caused due to such false information or concealment of any material facts in the application form.
- WWM reserves the right to withdraw or alter the terms of the Contest without prior notice. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained. All changes shall be posted on the microsites or websites. It is the responsibility of the Participants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the Rules and Regulations of the Contest.
- The Participant represents and warrants that he or she is not under any contract with any person, firm, corporation or authority that would prevent his/her participation in the Contest and displays of short film or any other matter connected therewith and agrees to indemnify WWM against any claim that may be brought against it in this regard or any loss that may be caused due to it.
- The Participant understands and accepts that he or she shall not copy or use ideas of third party or another Participant at any stage in the Contest. The Participant accepts that he or she has not infringed upon and shall not infringe upon the copyright or other intellectual property right of any other person by creating and submitting the short film. The Participant ensures and acknowledges that the Participant is the author of, or the owner or licensee of the copyright in the story, write-up, script, depiction, music, graphics, photographs, images, screenplay, sound recording, lyrics, background scores, dialogues, titles, subtitles and other literary, dramatic, musical or artistic works used while creating and developing the short film, and that it has not been copied in any manner from any source whatsoever and has full right to provide the short film, to participate in the Contest, receive award and permit WWM to upload, exhibit, display the short films, and conduct voting as stated in these Rules and Regulations.
- WWM is under no obligation to provide to the Participant any comments or feedback regarding the submitted short film, any information relating to the manner in which the short film is, will be, or was reviewed, any reasons why the short film was not accepted; or any other information relating to the short film’s review, consideration and/or selection process regarding the short film specifically or submissions generally beyond the information set forth in these Rules and Regulations.
- WWM reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any Participant at any stage if it has reasonable grounds to believe that a Participant has breached any of the Rules and Regulations, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property rights of any other person. Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Rules and Regulations could lead to WWM disqualifying the Participants, without WWM giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
- The winners agree to sign the requisite forms, contracts and documents to claim the award.
- The Participant agrees that for promotional / publicity purposes, clippings from any short film of the Participant may be shown on the National Television / Local network / Internet, etc and the Participant shall have no claim or objections in that regard.
- WWM reserves the right to reject or remove any short film entry submitted which is obscene, defamatory, libelous, abusive, harassing, tortuous, intimidating, vulgar, pornographic, profane, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights or otherwise objectionable, or unlawful subject matter or which constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or otherwise gives rise to liability or violates any law, in its absolute discretion.
- The Participant agrees and undertakes not to engage in any press, publicity or other discussion with any third party in connection with their entry forms or their participation in the Contest or any other aspect of the Contest, before, during or after the Contest, without obtaining prior written approval of WWM.
- WWM assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or jumbled, scrambled transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to the microsite, website of Filmfare or WWM or program or programming error or failure, or failure to capture any entry information. WWM, and its Sponsors shall not be responsible for injury or damage caused to the Participant’s or to any other person, relating to or resulting from participation in the Contest, or from downloading materials or accessing the website or microsite of WWM or Filmfare or displaying short films online for voting, shortlisting or during the function held to gratify the winners. WWM is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone or internet network, or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof.
- The Participant shall not have any claim against WWM or its sponsors in case of cancellation or postponement of the Contest.
- By participating in the Contest, all Participants agree to release, discharge, hold harmless and indemnify WWM and its Sponsors, partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, liabilities, costs, debts, expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) and damages arising out of their (i) participation in the Contest or any Contest related activities; (ii) use of and access to the websites for the Contest; (iii) any violation of any third party right including without limitation any copyright, property or privacy right; (iv) the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any award awarded hereunder (v) breach of representations, or any of these Rules and Regulations. This indemnification obligation will survive these Rules and Regulations and the Participant’s participation in the Contest.
- Participant acknowledges that in case any of the terms of these Rules and Regulations is deemed invalid or becomes unenforceable or prohibited by applicable law, such portions shall be considered divisible and shall not be considered part of the consideration, and the remainder of these Rules and Regulations shall be valid and binding and of like effect as though such provision was not included herein.
- Amongst others, the titles ‘Filmfare Short Films Awards Contest 2022‘ and ‘Filmfare Awards 2022 (Bollywood)’ and ‘People’s Choice Award Winner 2022’ are the trademarks and property of and belong to WWM. No Participant or winner shall acquire any right to retain the title or use the title or create any promotional or publicity material such as photographs, flyers or create any website or microsite with trademarks, images, logos, content or videos or any publicity material in any endeavours, public or private, without the prior written permission of WWM.
- The Rules and Regulations, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter including the Contest, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability shall be governed by and construed in accordance with applicable laws of India.
- The courts of Mumbai shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any and all dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Rules and Regulations.